Five Minute Profit Sites Review: (Is It A Scam?)
Product: Five Minute Profit Sites
Price: $37 and upsells
Overview: Five minutes to make money? Sign me up!..
Five Minute Profit Sites will not make you money in five minutes and likely following the training inside you’ll never make any profit – no matter how much time you devote to it.
This training course promises a lot but doesn’t deliver and I certainly think you’d be better off going somewhere else to learn how to make money online.
If you’re interested in the best affiliate training, you should think about Wealthy Affiliate. That’s where I learned how to make a full time income online. To read my review of Wealthy Affiliate, click below:
What System Does Five Minute Profit Site Teach?
This course teaches affiliate marketing and teaches you mainly how to make money selling Five Minute Profit Sites to other people.
Now, affiliate marketing is a completely credible and awesome way to make money online – in fact it’s my favorite way and I’ve been able to build a full time income from it. I work completely for myself and from home now.
So my condemnation for Five Minute Profit Sites does not reflect my feelings toward affiliate marketing. They’re opposite actually. You should run away from Five Minute Profit Sites and run to affiliate marketing.
The problem is Five Minute Profit Sites lacks any real training and doesn’t give you any training that you couldn’t find for free on the internet.
This is mainly a money making scheme that only benefits the owner (who is unknown by the way) and he makes money by you buying the course. Good affiliate training courses make money by selling courses AND teaching students how to sell the courses properly (the students get a commission for selling the course and there’s the potential to make over 6 figures a year).
So my advice is don’t line the pockets of the owner, you most likely won’t make your investment back.
What’s Actually Inside The Training?
Still want to know what’s inside? Here’s how the training is broken up:
- Connect your Clickbank account to Five Minute Profit Sites
- Choose a domain (what you want your website to be called)
- Sign up for an email responder and connect to Five Minute Profit Sites
- Drive traffic
- Make Money
Here’s the problem with each section:
- You don’t need special training on how to sign up for Clickbank. You can find literally thousands of free resources that will teach you how to do this. It’s pretty self explanatory anyway. You sign up for Clickbank the same way you’d sign up for anything else.
- This is a pretty sneaky trick by Five Minute Profit Sites. When you create a website you usually select a domain that you fully own. In this training you’re essentially leasing domains that the course owner owns. This means at any point the owner can take your website, that you worked on and spent money on, and do whatever he or she wants to do with it. This won’t happen if you own your own domain, however.
- Signing up for an email repsonder is also very easy and doesn’t require any special training. Here’s a free source how to do it. Any other questions you have you can easily just message the support at Aweber.
- Driving traffic is the single biggest thing as an affiliate marketers – the ability to drive the right kind of traffic is the difference between a successful affiliate marketer and an unsuccessful affiliate marketer. The training here is really lacking and I’ll go over this more in detail later.
- Make money! The problem is the only person making money is the owner.
As you can see there’s many flaws in the system and some of the information can easily be found else where without you spending money.
Making A Website Is Very Easy To Do
One of the biggest selling points of Five Minute Profit Sites is that you get a pre-made website (landing page) – hence the name Five Minute Profit Sites.
If you’re completely new to affiliate marketing and making money online you may be under the false belief that making a website is difficult or you have to be a computer wiz to do so. That’s what I first thought when I started out.
But I quickly learned I was wrong. Creating a website is basically as easy as creating a new email address. I’m not even being hyperbolic here either. I truly mean that.
I did a full video review of my favorite affiliate marketing program, Wealthy Affiliate, and they have a website builder that makes websites in under 30 seconds.
Watch the portion of the video where I show this being done:
As you can see it takes no effort and all you have to do is punch in a few things and you can have your own site. So don’t be sold on the idea you need a website created for you. You can do it all by yourself and for free.
The Owner Is Unknown!
I’ve been in the affiliate game for years and scams always have either a few or all of the following:
- Fake testimonials – check out my review of Profit Genesis 2.0 to see this in action
- Upsells – this is when you purchase a product only to find out you need to purchase more things once you get inside.
- Crazy profit claims – Make $500 a day without doing work! Make $100,000 a month with this one weird trick! Claims like that are always major red flags.
- An unknown owner
Five Minute Profit Sites makes use of upsells, crazy profit claims and has an unknown owner. I’ll go over the first two in the next sections but I’ll focus on the unknown owner part now.
When people are proud of their work and courses they proudly attach their face and identity to it. If you go to the about me section on this site you’ll see a picture of me and can read about my story. I love the work I do and won’t shy away from having my face attached to it.
The person who’s selling Five Minute Profit Sites is likely a pretty smart person and probably actually makes a lot of money online. He or she doesn’t want to be known for this product because they know it will hurt them in the future.
People will see their face with other courses and will immediately think to themselves “better avoid this training – the person selling it is a scammer!”
So always be weary when someone isn’t proudly displaying their face with their affiliate course.
Upsells Once You Get Inside
An upsell is when you’re offered a related product once you’ve already purchased another product.
For instance, I recently bought a new laptop from Staples and had to go through a 20 minute upsell process – it kind of made me mad actually. A salesman came over and tried to sell me a wireless mouse, keyboard, insurance (the insurance cost more than the laptop!), overpriced computer security, and more.
I said no to everything and if I wasn’t getting such a good deal on the laptop I probably would have just left.
Not all upsells are bad, though. Some are very welcome and if there within reason in terms of price a customer may actually appreciate the upsell.
Most of the time it’s just to make a sale larger, though, and that’s exactly what goes on in Five Minute Profit Sites.
The three upsells in the this course are:
- Faster Profits: This is basically Five Minute Profit Sites admitting their system doesn’t work. You pay $37 for the product only to learn you need to pay $197 more to actually make money. And after you pay the $197 you aren’t actually getting any information that’s groundbreaking. It’s usually the information legitimate training programs give away as part of the main course.
- Double Your Profits: In this section you get a niche website that’s outside of selling just Five Minute Profit Sites. Here’s the thing: having multiple sources of income is a good thing. Here’s the bad thing about how Five Minute Profit Sites do it: they don’t teach you how to choose a niche and build a website. They just have you select from a list of low quality niche sites and you learn nothing about the process. Good affiliate training will teach you everything you need to know to do it on your own.
- Traffic Tsunami: Like I said before, driving the right kind of traffic is the number one skill. What does it say about the traffic training inside Five Minute Profit Sites when you have to buy additional training on driving traffic? This one upsell costs $97 too. That’s almost 3x what the entire course costs.
As you can see the owner of this course is just trying to nickel and dime you. Make crazy promises (make hundreds a day in 5 minutes), set the course price pretty low (only $37) and then hit you with upsells that are 3x the price of the course.
Are you seeing how this game is played?
Crazy Profit Claims
Another indicator that your’e getting a scammy product is when you here outrageous claims on how much you can make and how little effort you’ll have to put in to make it work.
Here’s another question for you: If it only cost $37 to make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and basically all the work is done for you and it only takes 5 minutes, wouldn’t everyone in the world be doing it?
Wouldn’t something like this spread around the world like an uncontrollable fire? This would literally be the answer to everyone’s problems. You’d get money, freedom and no boss.
Systems and programs like this don’t exist.
I’ve been doing online marketing for over 3 years and I belong to several different affiliate marketing communities with over 1 million different people. I have never met someone who’s paid just $37 and had a full time income. I’ve never met someone who didn’t work their butt off learning the ins and outs of online marketing and was successful.
There’s a lot to understand and learn when making money online. You need time to digest everything and to really know what’s going on.
Eventually when you start making money and understand what it really takes to make money on the internet, then you can outsource tasks. You can work for as little as 1 or 2 hours a week when this happens. I guarantee if you’re just learning it’ll take at the very least 1 full year and that’s best case scenario.
I just started outsourcing and I’m in my 4th year now.
So always, always, ALWAYS beware of any money making system that promises extremely high income with zero to little effort. Eventually you can reduce your effort but in the beginning that is not the case.
The Traffic Training Isn’t Enough
This is the third time I’m going to make this statement – driving traffic is the number one skill you need to learn as an affiliate marketer.
The problem with the training in this course is it’s outdated and teaches you methods that are straight up scammy.
For instance, one way Five Minute Profit Sites teaches to drive traffic is with blog comments.
This is a terrible way to get people to come to your site. If you don’t know what I mean by blog comments, check out this below:
This is a comment I found on a Politico news article. I knew it would be there because the comment section at Politico is full of comments like this.
Time for a few more questions:
- Does this look like something that’s legit or a complete scam?
- Do you think readers on Politico care about making money online?
To answer the first question – yes, this looks like a complete scam. Maybe this kind of tactic worked 10 years ago before people were internet savvy but it doesn’t work anymore. People have seen these type of comments for a long, long time and no one is falling for it.
To answer the second question – most likely not. People go to Politico to read political news. No one is going there for advice on how to quit their job and start an online business. At best you’re going to get a few clicks out of sheer curiosity and the person is going to click away in probably 15 seconds.
Free traffic and keywords are the single best way to drive traffic. This traffic won’t cost you any money and people tend to trust it the most.
Free traffic would come from Google, Youtube, Social Media, or any other search engine. The training in Five Minute Profit Sites is extremely lacking regarding these topics and it won’t be enough to help you compete in a more and more competitive affiliate marketing field.
There is training on paid traffic but you have to realize this is going to cost you money. If you don’t have a few thousand dollars to spend on ads and already have knowledge on running ads, you’ll just end up losing money.
So unless you can afford to lose a few thousand dollars (or more) I would stay away from running ads.
Is There Anything Good About This Course?
There’s two things that I like about this course:
- The price isn’t terrible
- There’s a money back guarantee (please don’t even buy the course to begin with)
All in all $37 isn’t that much money and most people can easily afford to spend that on training. Beware the upsells, though, like I said up top.
All together the upsells total around $400 which won’t be so easy to lose. $400 for the training you get is WAY too much and there’s training that cost half that and gives you 10x’s the value.
The money back guarantee isn’t because the owner is some nice person, either. Five Minute Profit Sites is sold on Clickbank and Clickbank handles all the payments. All Clickbank products come with a 60 day money back guarantee.
So if you must test this training out, you can without much risk.
My Final Conclusion: STAY AWAY FROM FIVE MINUTE PROFIT SITES
I love affiliate marketing. When I tell people what I do they kind of give me a suspicious look. No doubt they came across a product like Five Minute Profit Sites and saw what type of scam it was.
Unfortunately there’s plenty of these kind of courses on the internet and they’re made to just profit the seller and not you.
Five Minute Profit Sites isn’t even the worst either. I wouldn’t recommend it but there’s even scammier products out there.
If you’re serous about making money online and really want to learn about affiliate marketing, you should join Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is perfect for beginners and affiliate marketing veterans and offers more than any other affiliate marketing training program on earth.
Here’s how it stacks up against Five Minute Profit Sites:
As you can see Wealthy Affiliate is far superior. So if you’re ready to enter the world of internet marketing, make sure to check out my review of Wealthy Affiliate.