Is Ariix A Scam? (Don’t Join Until You Read This!)
If you're here, you've probably heard of ARIIX, and are wondering if you should give it a try or not.
You've come to the right place because I literally spend hours studying various MLM companies trying to figure out how they work and if they're worth the investment.
And I should tell you, ARIIX is a legitimate MLM company with legitimate ways to earn. But I still don't recommend it for those who want to earn serious money online (I'll talk about this later).
By the time you finish reading this article, you should have a clear idea of what Ariix is, how you can earn with it, and my honest opinion about it.
Let’s dive in!
Price to join: Enrollment fee starting from $294.95 to $2,098 + upsells
Do I recommend? Yes and No (I'll explain)
Summary: Although ARIIX has a wide selection of quality products to choose from, its main drawbacks are expensive membership fees, hard-to-understand compensation plan, expensive products, saturated market, and heavy focus on recruiting.
Better option: If you want to make money online you should check out Wealthy Affiliate. That's where I learned to quit my job and now I make more more money than ever before.
Plus it's completely free to try! Learn more by clicking below:
What Is ARIIX?
So first things first.
What is ARIIX?
ARIIX is an MLM company based in Utah, United States offering health and wellness products ranging fronutritional supplements to skincare products to water bottles.
It’s a diverse line of products from different brands – which is what differentiates it from the majority of MLMs out there.
While most MLMs focus on selling their own product lines, ARIIX carries different brands to give its distributors more options to maximize their income.
ARIIX was founded on 2011 by a group of ex-senior executives of USANA Health Sciences, a leading nutritional supplement company.
Is ARIIX A PYRAMID SCHEME?
Most of you may be wondering if ARIIX is a pyramid scheme.
The answer is NO, it's not a pyramid scheme, but it does have elements of one.
Let me explain.
The main difference between MLM and pyramid schemes is pyramid schemes don't sell real products or services, and the only way to earn is to recruit more "distributors".
A MLM, on the other hand, has real products that they sell to people.
While ARIIX is a real, legal MLM company, it has elements of a pyramid scheme because to maximize your earnings, you have to recruit people to your "downline".
The real money in ARIIX (and most other MLMs) is made not in selling the products but in recruiting downlines.
The more recruits you have, the more you'll earn.
This can clearly be seen in this illustration:
The ones at the top make the most money while those at the bottom earn very little (if at all) in exchange for their investment and hard work.
Since ARIIX is a legitimate MLM company, you can focus on selling products if you don't want to recruit downlines.
SUCCESS IS RARE AT ARIIX
What I don’t like about most MLMs including ARIIX is the extremely low success rate.
Earning serious money through ARIIX is a long shot for most people. You either have to be very good in sales or have a lot of connections to succeed, so most people end up losing their hard-earned money.
ARIIX is no different.
In their average earnings report, you can see how much "representatives" or simply distributors earn on average each year, and things don't look so good for most of the members.
As shown in the report,
- 51.5% of representatives make $only 70 a week
- 25% only make $167
- Only 13% make $275
That means, in total, 89.9% of distributors make less than $275 a week.
That’s a measly amount of money compared with the effort, time, and money spent in marketing the products.
On the other end of the spectrum, only 0.1% of all the members earn an average of $21,861.
What makes it hard to succeed at ARIIX?
The two major struggles of ARIIX distributors are:
- ARIIX products are too expensive.
- The heavy reliance on traditional marketing.
First off, ARIIX products are too expensive, making them difficult to sell.
For example, Optimals, a vitamin and mineral supplement sold by ARIIX, has a retail price of $112.79 for one bottle with 56 capsules. (You can see their full price list here.)
Now, some people might be able to afford this price tag, but you'd have to be pretty good at marketing to find that specific group of people.
Further, ARIIX claims their products to have amazing health benefits, but so do other health and wellness brands out there. Chances are people already have a brand that they regularly use, and convincing them to change brands is going to take serious persuasion skills.
That being said, the very price of their products and the saturated health and wellness market make it hard for someone without advanced sales and marketing skills to succeed.
There's also limited information available as to what kind of sales and marketing training distributors receive once inside the program.
If you really want to earn enough money online to buy a house and take your family to spontaneous trips, affiliate marketing is a much better option.
It's what I personally do to live the lifestyle I want.
With affiliate marketing, you have a higher chance to succeed because your level of success depends solely on your efforts and not on other people.
Want To Learn How I Made $100,000 Online?
HOW MUCH TO JOIN ARIIX
Another main issue with ARIIX is the insanely expensive enrollment costs.
ARIIX offers 9 enrollment packages, each with different fees and included products.
Here's an overview of the packages and what you'll get for each:
- Nutrifii Member Pack - $421.36 (with possible discount of up to $294.95); includes 5 products
- Slenderiiz Plus Member Pack - $428.50 (with possible discount of up to $299.95); includes 5 products
- Nutrifii Business Pack - $749.95; includes 15 products
- Slenderiiz Business Pack - $711.95; includes 10 products
- Jouvé Business Pack - $749.95; includes 25 products
- Business Pack 500 - $789.95; includes 13 products
- Slenderiiz Elite Pack - $1,388.95; includes 21 products
- Elite Pack - $1,414.95; includes 43 products
- Ultimate Pack - $2,098.00; includes 63 products
Each level also has additional perks. The Ultimate Pack, for example, entitles you to coaching sessions, early product access, executive webinars, and more.
Although there are ways to qualify for bigger discounts (such as enrolling in what they call "IIX Membership" which, by the way, costs an additional $150), the enrollment fees are still too steep while giving you such a small range of products to offer.
For the cheapest package you'll only get 5 products. If you want to provide more options to buyers and access high-value perks that I've mentioned, you're going to have to cough up hundreds and thousands of dollars.
And most likely, your sponsors will recommend that you get the higher levels (e.g. the Elite Pack) to get a better head start, but really all they're doing is trying to get a bigger commission off of you.
And here's another thing.
To stay eligible for commissions, you have to accumulate a sales volume of 100PV per month or equivalent to $148 every month. Doesn't matter how you do this. You can sell or buy the products for personal use as long as you reach the target.
If you're new to all this, you're going to have to shoulder the $148 every month just to stay eligible for commissions.
But it doesn't end there my friend. There's also a $25 annual renewal fee.
Joining ARIIX is not cheap, so if you're someone who can't afford to lose all these money, ARIIX is not the best option for you.
WHAT IS ARIIX'S COMPENSATION PLAN?
To say that ARIIX's compensation plan is confusing is an understatement.
It uses a lot of technical terms that make it hard to understand, but it can be boiled down to a few basic concepts.
The first thing you need to know about ARIIX's compensation plan is its commission structure.
MLM companies usually use three types of commission structures as illustrated below:
Each of these structures has its own pros and cons, and what makes ARIIX so unique is its innovative commission structure called "Multi-Line."
With the multi-line structure, distributors can earn on infinite width and depth, wildly expanding the potential to make more money.
Main ways to earn with ariix
Formally known as "Activ8", ARIIX's compensation plan allows you to make money is many, many ways including the following:
- Retail commissions - As an ARIIX representative, you can buy products at wholesale price then sell it at a higher price. Your profit here is the retail commission.
- Commissions for signing people up - Once you enroll in one of their packages, you'll be eligible to get commissions for recruits. Remember that you have to sell or purchase a sales volume equivalent to $148 to stay eligible for commissions.
- Team lead bonus - A special kind of bonus which you'll get from customer and member sales in their first month. The higher your business level (or enrollment package), the higher your team lead bonus is. Your sponsors will also likely use this to entice you to enroll in their high-level packages!
- More bonuses - The Activ8 compensation plan offers a whole list of bonuses that you can claim by meeting certain conditions. If you want to learn more about the compensation plan, you can refer to this document.
You can also watch this video to get a clearer understanding of how you can earn with ARIIX:
Want To Learn How I Made $100,000 online?
What Products Does Ariix Offer?
As mentioned before, ARIIX is in the health niche offering mainly health and wellness products like supplements, skincare products, weightloss products, body care products.
You get a wider option for what to sell to customers, but this benefit is quickly blown off by the steep prices of their products.
Who in their right mind will buy a $47 stainless steel water bottle from ARIIX if they can get essentially the same bottle at Walmart for a quarter of the price?
WHAT BRANDS DOES ARIIX CARRY?
ARIIX sells products from different brands including but not limited to the following:
- Nutrifii - offers supplements for detoxification, calcium therapy, heart and brain support, etc.
- PureNourish - a supplement that enhances digestion and optimal nutrient absorption.
- Jouve - skincare line including night cream, brightening cream, and tightening serum.
- Slenderiix - weightloss products
- Reviive - sells detoxification products
- Puritii - sells water and air filtration systems
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT ARIIX
- Their products are FDA-approved, ensuring quality and safe products.
- ARIIX has a more diverse line of products than most other MLMs.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT ARIIX
- The enrollment packages are too expensive. There are also a lot of upsells before you can maximize your membership.
- The products are expensive and the market is already saturated.
- It only works for people who are really good at sales and marketing.
IS ARIIX A SCAM?
As I've mentioned earlier, there are perfectly legal ways to earn money with ARIIX, but the problem lies with the difficulty of actually earning money.
ARIIX is not a scam and many members have already testified of receiving their payments from the company.
But, like I said, it's not the best business opportunity for you because of its low success rate.
Here's A Better Way To Make Money
Hopefully by now you can see why being an ARIIX distributor isn't a good business opportunity - the success rate is way too low and the market is too saturated.
If you are looking for a legitimate way of making money you should check out Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is where I learned how to make money online and now I make more than I ever did before.
You get high quality training, cutting edge tools and a community of over 1 million people to help you succeed.
The best part? It's free to try! To learn more click below: