So you're thinking about joining Purium and want to know if it's a scam..
Good thing you found this post!
Here you will find all the information you need on this health company so you can determine if it's a right fit for you.
You'll want to read this entire review because there's definitely some red flags that you should know about Purium.
Let's get started!
Price to join: $280+ to join and monthly recurring cost
Do I recommend? No!
Summary: Purium is a pretty typical health and wellness MLM and I definitely DON'T recommend that you join this company.
The problem here is the chance of success is really, really low and most people just end up losing money and not making anything. Do yourself a favor and look for another opportunity.
Better opportunity: If you want to see how I learned to make over $100,000 online as a broke beginner, click below:
What is Purium?
Purium is a MLM in the health and wellness market. There's many companies like Purium and being a MLM, Purium doesn't really spend money on advertising.
Instead they allow people to sign up as distributors or affiliates and market/sell the products for them.
In return Purium allows these people to make a commission on each sale and gives bonuses/commissions for recruiting people to sell Purium products.
This might sound good on paper but it's an EXTREMELY flawed system. Most people fail and you'll see why as you read on.
Purium was founded in 2004 as it's known today although they actually started in 1993 (it wasn't a MLM then).
In 2011 the Environmental Research Center filed a lawsuit against Purium because some of their products had lead in them.
Not the best look.
Is Purium A Pyramid Scheme?
A pyramid scheme is illegal and is pretty specific. Purium certainly has elements of a pyramid scheme but isn't entirely one.
Look at the picture below if you don't know what I mean:
Part of the commission structure at Purium looks like the picture above and that's the part that resembles a pyramid scheme (this is the part that incentives recruiting).
But you can also just sell Purium products without recruiting and earn a commission on each sale.
There's two issues with this, however, and they are:
- You have to recruit to make any serious money
- There's autoshipment requirements (meaning you have to order a certain amount of products per month to be commission eligible).
Autoshipment means a portion of Purium's retail revenue comes from distributors buying products to sell/be commission eligible.
If too much revenue comes from distributors buying products you're in a pyramid scheme.
So Purium definitely is on the edge of being a pyramid scheme.
WANT TO LEARN HOW I MADE $100,000 ONLINE?
Success Is Rare At Purium
MLM is a horrible business model and most people that join either lose money or make so little it wasn't worth the effort.
I know this because across the MLM industry only 23% to 1% make any money at all. And of the people that do make money most make a couple of hundred a month/year.
It's the same with Purium and I know this because they have an income disclosure statement where they show how many people are making money and other income information.
Look at the chart below to look at the numbers:
Let's dig into the numbers a little:
- 77% of all affiliates on average make $5.79 PER YEAR (you can go around picking up lose change and make more than that in a year).
- 95% of all affiliates make less than $308 for the year (this comes out to around $30 per month.
- Only .41% of all affiliates on average make more than $34,000 per year.
While there's a very, very, very, small minority that make over six figures, the majority make less than $5 for the entire year.
There's one word I would use to describe this income disclosure statement: grim.
How Much To Join Purium
When you join Purium you have to buy an enrollment pack and this can cost anywhere from $249 to $1000+. Here's the various packs you can get:
- Daily Get Started Pack ($249)
- Daily Get Started Gold Pack ($398)
- Daily Platinum Pack ($549)
- Daily Launch Pack ($1049)
- Transformation Get Started Pack ($280)
- Transformation Get Started Gold Pack ($369)
- Transformation Platinum Pack ($549)
- Transformation Launch Pack ($1049)
- Athlete Get Started Pack ($280)
- Athlete Get Started Gold Pack ($429)
- Athlete Platinum Pack ($549)
- Athlete Launch Pack ($1049)
There's a hidden cost here, however, and that's autoshipment. Unless you can sell 50 PV in products you won't be eligible for MLM commissions.
A lot of affiliates have to buy products because of this and this cost can add up pretty quickly.
Purium Compensation Plan
MLM compensation plans are very complicated and unless you understand the technical jargon it can be hard to decipher.
If you want to check out the entire plan for yourself, click here.
You can watch the video below if you want to see the compensation plan as well:
I don't think it's necessary to know every single detail of this plan and instead I'm going to summarize the important parts:
At Purium there are 18 affiliate ranks that you can achieve and you can move up the ranks by reaching certain achievements (sales + recruitment + group sales).
The first rank is Member and this what you achieve when you sign up. The next rank is Associate and this is when you achieve 50 PV a month - PV is personal volume and is the amount you personally sell to customers (or buy from Purium). You achieve MLM commissions at this rank.
Next rank is Builder and this is when you recruit a person into the system and they achieve the rank of Associate. Also, you have to have GV (Group Volume) of 300.
And this goes on and on until you reach the rank of Royal Crown II. To get to this rank you'd have to maintain 200 PV, maintain 12 MLM commission qualified affiliates (3 have to be a Crown rank, which is the 12th rank). You also need a monthly downline of 1,000,000 GV.
If you achieve the 18th rank you'll be be making hundreds of thousands a year. The only problem is most people never get past the first rank.
You can earn retail commissions when you sell Purium products to customers and you get 15% commissions when you do so.
If you reach 50 PV through sales or autoshipment, you get commissions that are 30%.
If you are a certified health professional and purchase at least 500 BV you can earn up to 45% on retail commissions.
When you recruit people into the system you earn bonuses as well. If the new recruit gets one of the Get Started Enrollment Packs you receive a $50 commission.
There's additional bonuses as well, including:
- $75 bonus if you can recruit 2 affiliates that get a Gold Enrollment Pack.
- An affiliate that gets a Platinum Enrollment Pack gives you a commission of $150 to $250 depending on how many you get in a month.
- If an affiliate gets a Launch Enrollment Pack you receive $250 to $350 depending on how many recruits you get.
First Order Bonus
This is a bonus you get when your new recruit or a retail customer places their first order.
This is payed out in a unilevel compensation structure and looks like the following:
How much you earn depends on your affiliate rank and you can earn the following
- Associate – 25% on level 1 (personal retail customers and personally recruited affiliates)
- Builder – 25% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- Consultant – 25% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 and 3
- Director – 25% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 4
This is where you will earn the majority of your money if you join Purium and it's also a unilevel compensation.
Also, how much you earn and how many levels you can earn from is based on your rank. Here's what you can earn at different ranks:
- Associate – 5% on level 1
- Builder – 5% on levels 1 and 2
- Consultant – 5% on levels 1 to 4
- Director – 5% on levels 1 to 5
- Executive – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 3% on level 7
- Diamond – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 3% on levels 7 and 8
There's various bonuses you can achieve as your progress further into the compensation plan like Infinity Bonus, Matching Bonus, Rank Achievement Bonus, Lifestyle Bonus and more.
You don't really need to know much about these bonuses until you start earning some good money with Purium (which very few do).
If you want to know more about these bonuses click the link to the entire compensation plan or watch the video further up.
WANT TO LEARN HOW I MADE $100,000 ONLINE?
Purium offers various products and are most known for their weight loss and cleansing products.
Here's the different categories at Purium:
Their 10-Day Transformation Cleansing is probably their most popular product and it costs $249. This to me seems very high.
There's more than just the 10 Day Transformation Cleansing product and there's various supplements and fiber products.
In this section there's also a 10 day based product but it's focused on weight loss along with a 40 day weight loss package.
In addition to those there's also shakes and other supplements.
Here we have another 10 day type of product and this one is for athletes.
Along with that product and the 40 day one, there's other shakes, capsules and other goods for athletes.
This section doesn't have a 10 day product but does come with a 40 day product (which costs $419). There's products for kids as well like drops for focus and immune shield.
The last section is more just general health products and you can get supplements for your heart, joint, hair and more here.
Purium Is EXPENSIVE
You're going to have to sell Purium products if you want to make any money (or at least train people to sell the products).
How many people in your life do you think will buy a $249 product that only is good for 10 days?
I couldn't in good conscience try to get a friend or family member to buy a product that expensive.
It's just something to keep in mind if you want to join this company.
What I Like About Purium
I don't think you should join Purium but there's still a few things I like:
- Been around for a while: Many MLM's come and go very fast (within 2 years) and it can be hard to gain any traction with a MLM that fast. Purium has been around for 15 years and isn't going anywhere soon.
- Many products to choose from: Although the products are expensive there's plenty to choose from.
What I Don't Like About Purium
At the end of the day there's WAY more not to like here and the main things I dislike are:
- Overpriced products: I don't know about you but there's not many people I know who can buy a weight loss product for $249 that only lasts 10 days. I feel like it'll be a hard sell.
- Expensive startup costs: Purium isn't cheap to join either and the cheapest pack they offer is $249 and go all the way up past $1000. That's a lot for a MLM.
- Autoshipment: You have to sell a certain amount of products to be qualified for MLM commissions. If you can't sell it you're going to have to buy it.
- Selling to friends and family: One of the worst parts about MLM's is you usually end up selling to friends and family. This can get awkward fast and can ruin close relationships.
- Low success rate: If there was any serious chance of making money I would say go for it but basically everyone who joins Purium either loses money or makes less than $5 per year.
Is Purium A Scam?
Is Purium a scam?
I'll say this about Purium: I don't necessarily think it's a scam and instead think it's just a lousy business opportunity.
You get real products and it's up to you to sell them. The products are expensive and there's a reason why almost everyone loses money with Purium.
It's hard to sell weight loss products that cost several hundred and it's really hard to recruit people to sell for you.
You should avoid joining Purium.
Here's A Better Opportunity
Hopefully by now you've decided Purium isn't right for you.
However, there's still plenty of ways to make money from home and online.
I started making money online as a complete beginner and have made over 6 figures since.
To see how, click below: