So you're thinking about joining Total Life Changes..
It's a good thing you found this post!
Here you will find out if Total Life Changes is a scam and whether or not you should join.
Some information you'll learn includes:
- Company background
- Price to join
- Compensation plan
And more. You'll know everything you need to about this company here.
Let's get into it!
Total Life Changes Summary
Company: Total Life Changes
Price to join: $40 + $40 (minimum) auto shipment per month
Do I recommend? No!
Summary: Total Life Changes is a pretty typical health + wellness MLM and I don't mean this as a compliment.
Most people lose money with this company instead of making money and you'll have to bother friends and family to have a chance to make anything.
I would definitely stay away from Total Life Changes.
Better opportunity: If you want to see how I learned to make over $100,000 online as a broke beginner, click below:
What Is Total Life Changes?
1) What is Total Life Changes? Total Life Changes is a MLM company that's in the skincare & health and wellness niche. This company was founded in 1990 which means it's very stable for a MLM (most MLM's disappear in a couple of years).
The company is headed by Jack Fallon and they apparently operate in over 140 countries with 49,000 different distributors working for them.
2) How do you make money with Total Life Changes? Like I mentioned before Total Life Changes is a MLM and that means you sign up for them to sell their products. You get a commission for every sale you make.
Because this is a MLM, which stands for Multi Level Marketing, you also get rewarded for recruiting people under you. This may sound good on paper but it's a horribly flawed system that leads to most people losing money.
3) What kind of products are being sold? I'll go more in depth into the products later on but they sell a wide range of products ranging from tea, extracts, coffee, supplements, essential oils, skin care products and more.
4) Are there any lawsuits? MLM's are magnets for lawsuits and you tend to see different cases against MLM's - Total Life Changes is no different. The most concerning lawsuit I found was from 2015. The Environmental Research Center filed a lawsuit against Total Life Changes for having lead in some of their products.
5) What are similar MLM's? Similar MLM's include Javita, It Works, Purium.
Is Total Life Changes A Pyramid Scheme?
Total Life Changes is definitely close to a pyramid scheme but I don't think it meets the legal definition of a pyramid scheme - pyramid schemes are illegal in every country.
To understand what I mean, take a look at the picture below:
This is what part of the commission structure looks like at Total Life Changes (the part that rewards recruiting).
An illegal pyramid scheme is when recruiting is the only way to make money with an opportunity and there's no real product or service offered.
There's real products with this MLM and you can technically make money by just selling the products directly to customers (without recruiting).
Anyone who makes a lot of money with Total Life Changes will tell you, though, that recruiting is the only way to make a substantial amount.
Success Is Rare At Total Life Changes
The success rate at MLM's is atrocious - way more people lose money than make money and this is true for all MLM's (including Total Life Changes).
Some of these companies come with what's known as an income disclosure where they share how many people make money, lose money and at what percentage people do make money.
Total Life Changes doesn't have one of these, however.
Instead you can just look at the graph below that shows some eye opening MLM statistics:
As you can see you'd have to be crazy to get involved with a MLM.
How Much To Join Total Life Changes?
Any customer that spends more than $40 is considered an affiliate at Total Life Changes and is eligible to make money by selling products/recruiting.
However, if you want to make more money from your recruiting efforts, you can buy a leadership pack which allows you to earn more.
Here's the various packs and their price:
- Leadership pack 1 ($199)
- Leadership pack 2 ($499)
- Leadership pack 3 ($999)
If you buy the first pack you get an additional 5% on binary commissions for 2 months, the second pack let's you earn 5% on binary commissions for 4 months, and pack 3 let's you get an additional 5% on binary commissions for 6 months.
This is known as pay to play and basically means you can make more if you pay more. I don't like this and compensation plans should reward performance, not how much you pay.
It's even worse when you consider most people lose money with Total Life Changes. It just means people will lose more than they already would have.
Total Life Changes Compensation Plan
MLM's always have complicated compensation plans and it's almost like reading a different language when looking at one.
If you want to read the 15 page compensation plan for Total Life Changes, click here.
You can watch a video about it by clicking below as well:
I don't think it's necessary to go over all aspects of this compensation plan and instead will just highlight the most important parts.
In order to qualify for your commissions you must maintain a monthly autoship of $40. This is a way for MLM's to milk distributors. Again, most people lose money so if you're constantly having to buy products every month and can't sell them, Total Life Changes makes money while you lose money.
The first way you can make money with this MLM is through direct retail commissions to customers. You get 50% retail commissions at Total Life Changes.
Fast Start Bonus:
Whenever you recruit someone you get a bonus when they place their first minimum order (must be at least $40). You get 50% of the first order placed by personally recruited affiliates
Residual Binary Commissions:
This is where most of you money will be made and is the part that rewards the sales of your recruited downline.
The compensation structure here is binary and looks like the following:
- recruit 2 affiliates (mandatory to qualify) – 10%
- generate 1000 GV in the pay leg – 12%
- generate 5000 GV in the pay leg – 14%
- generate 10,000 GV in the pay leg – 17%
- generate 20,000 GV in the pay leg – 20%
Here's how much you can depending on the GV (Group Volume) of your downline's sales:
There's a few more bonuses like a corporate bonus and car bonus You won't have to worry about these bonuses until you're actually making money already.
Total Life Changes Products
Total Life Changes offers a variety of products in different categories.
Here's the different categories with the most popular products:
Health And Wellness
This section has various teas and other nutritional products. The most popular product Total Life Changes offers is in this section and that would be the Iaso Tea.
This tea comes in a 5 day package and costs $49.99 (you get 10 servings)
In all there's 17 products here that help with various issues.
The next section is coffee and they only offer two different instant coffee products. In each pouch you get 28 servings and the price is $54.95.
Body And Soul
Body and soul is where you'll find different lotions, skin care products and other bathroom items like toothpaste, soaps and essential oils.
Total Life Changes Products Are Expensive
At the end of the day either you or your team has to sell the products at Total Life Changes if you want to make any money.
I personally think it will be an uphill battle.
The reason I say this is the products this company offers have many different competitors and they're very expensive.
Take the weight loss tea for example. There's a million of these on the market and there's nothing really all that special about Iaso that will make people buy it.
A five day supply for $50 is pretty expensive too. A single bar of soap from Total Life Changes is $12 which is very pricey.
This is just another hurdle that'll be in your way to making money.
What I Like About Total Life Changes
I personally don't recommend you join this company but there's still a few things that I like about it:
- Been around a decade: Most MLM's come and go pretty quickly (only last a couple of years). Total Life Changes has been around for a decade and this shows it's likely not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Products seem to work: Their weight loss tea seems fairly popular and people seem to give it pretty good reviews.
What I Don't Like About Total Life Changes
There's definitely more here that I dislike and the main things I don't like are:
- Low success rate: I could look past all of Total Life Change's flaws if enough people were having success. However, the success rate for MLM's is extremely low and you will more than likely just lose money.
- Autoshipment: Autoshipment requires that you purchase a certain amount of products per month. This cost can add up and this is especially true when you're not selling any products.
- Pay to play: Another thing I don't like about Total Life Changes is you have to pay to make more. This again is meant to get you to pay more even though your odds of making money near zero.
- Expensive products: You eventually will need to sell products if you want to make money. How many people do you know will want to spend $12 on a single bar of soap?
- Bothering friends and family: One of the worst parts of a MLM is the fact you have to usually try and sell and recruit friends and family. This gets awkward really fast and is one of the main reasons people quit MLM's.
Is Total Life Changes A Scam?
I don't think Total Life Changes is a scam but I do think it's a horrible business opportunity.
MLM is a horrible business model and there's a reason these companies are universally hated. So many people naively join MLM's thinking they can make money but it almost never turns out that way.
Most people just lose their money and that's exactly what will likely happen if you join Total Life Changes.
So my advice is to stay away from Total Life changes.
Is Total Life Changes A Scam?
So we've established Total Life Changes isn't worth joining.
However, there's still plenty of ways to make money from home and online.
I started making money online as a complete beginner and have made over 6 figures since.
To see how, click below:
I’ve tried many products to no avail, thought they’d be the same but TLC is effective – happy customer indeed
I don’t know anything about the business, but I have been testing the products for a few months now and they have worked wonders for me.